If you have further questions about BBL surgery, call Kenneth Bermudez, MD San Francisco at (415) 634-2773 today.
Do you dream of a larger, rounder, and fuller butt? You aren’t alone. While everybody's shape is attractive to someone, there are some body features that are particularly desirable and at the moment, a big, curvy butt is one of the most sought-after shapes of the moment. If your butt is naturally smaller and flatter, you may be considering surgery to enhance its size and appearance. The most effective cosmetic surgery to achieve this is known as a Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL for short.
A BBL takes the patient’s own body fat from another part of the body using liposuction, purifies it, and then reinserts it into the buttocks in order to achieve a lifted, plumper, and more rounded appearance. By using fat transfer in the procedure, there is no chance of rejection and patients can achieve a butt that looks and feels completely natural. Better still, you can opt to have the fat that will be used taken from an area of your body that you would like to streamline, such as the hips, abdomen, or flanks.
When performed by a skilled and experienced surgeon, a BBL is a highly successful procedure. However, not every patient is necessarily suited to undergoing this treatment and you will need to have your candidacy assessed and approved by your surgeon ahead of treatment.
- You are unhappy with the shape, size, and overall appearance of your butt and would like it to be larger, rounder, and more of a feature in your overall body shape.
- The skin on your butt is fairly tight and smooth, and not sagging.
- You have enough fat in a suitable location that can be taken to perform your BBL surgery. Since the fat that is taken will need to be purified before it is reinserted, your surgeon will need to take several times the amount that will actually be used to enhance the size of your buttocks.
- You are happy with your weight, which is stable, and you don’t intend on losing or gaining a significant amount. This is important because weight gain or loss can affect the size of the fat calls in your buttocks, altering their appearance even after a BBL procedure.
- You are in good overall health. This is important to ensure that you are considered to be low risk of the procedure, and for the anesthesia that will be needed to keep you comfortable while your BBL is being performed.
- You don’t smoke. Smoking is the nemesis of any successful surgical procedure, including a BBL. This is because smoking inhibits the amount of oxygen in the blood, which can slow down the rate of healing and cause complications. If you do smoke, you should be prepared to give up for at least two weeks before your surgery, and up to six weeks after.
- You are prepared to avoid drinking alcohol for at least two weeks either side of your BBL surgery.
- You are committed to following all of the recovery instructions exactly as directed by your surgeon. Failing to do so, could put you at risk of complications.
- You have realistic expectations for the outcome of your procedure.
If you have further questions about BBL surgery, or if you would like to schedule a consultation to discuss your candidacy, please call Kenneth Bermudez, MD San Francisco at (415) 634-2773 today.